Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 11/2 lb white potatoes
- add 1 onion
- add 4oz cheddar cheese
- add 2oz butter
- add salt and black pepper
- add 1 egg
- add 1/2 pint milk
- Peel and wash the potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Peel and finely chopped the onion and grate the cheese.
- grease the oven dish with a little of the butter.
- arrange the potato slices in layers in the dish, sprinkle each layer with onion, cheese, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- beat egg and milk together and pour mixture over the potatoes.
- cover the dish with foil.
- bake in oven that was preheated to 350 degrees for 11/2 hours, or until the potatoes are tender and the topping is golden brown.