Scallops delicately flavored with orange zest and white wine. I used an Itallian Soave, you can sub with dry vermouth. Reipe from "Food and Wine"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons oil
- add 1/2 cup dry white wine
- add 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- add 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- add 2 scallions
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 scallion
- add 2 lbs sea scallops
- add 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until very hot.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add half the scallops to the pan and cook 1 minute or until browned.
- Turn and cook 2 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and repeat with remaining scallops.
- Wipe out pan, add butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add wine, scallions and orange zest and cook 2 minutes.
- Add scallops, cook 1 minute remove to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining scallion and orange zest and serve.