A classic soup (served hot or cold) for garlic lovers. If scapes are not available at a specialty shop or farmer's market, use 1/4 cup sliced garlic. If you like spicy soups, add a few drops of chili oil.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- add 2 cups chopped garlic scapes
- add 1 cup sliced leeks
- add salt
- add 1/4 cup whipping cream
- add 4 cups chicken stock
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 2 cups diced peeled red potatoes
- Heat butter in pot over medium-high heat; add scapes& leaks and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes& saute until softened slightly, about 2 minutes longer.
- Add stock& bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium& simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Puree in food processor or with a hand immersion blender.
- Add cream& seasonings to taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to blend flavours.
- Stir in parsley.