I clipped this recipe from our local newspaper. It's easy to make and has a very good flavor.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add salt
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 4-6 hamburger buns
- add 1 tablespoon chili powder or ground cumin
- add dried breadcrumbs
- add 1 onion
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet, over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until meat is browned.
- Add chili powder or cumin.
- Add enough water to just cover meat.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Stir in bread crumbs, a little at a time, until a serving consistency is reached.
- (Mixture should just begin to hold together, but still be fairly soupy.) Serve meat on buns.