Everyone wants this recipe! These can be prepared the night before and baked when needed. A restaurant quality appetizer!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- add 40 medium mushroom caps (stems removed)
- add 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- add 1 can baby shrimp
- add 1 green onion
- add 1 pinch pepper
- add 1/2 tablespoon flour
- add 1 clove garlic
- add extra parmesan cheese
- add 1 can crabmeat
- add 1/3 cup light cream cheese
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- add 1/2 cup light cheddar cheese
- add 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- add 1 pinch nutmeg
- Wipe mushroom caps with a damp cloth to remove any dirt.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan on low heat combine and stir with a wire whisk: flour, cream cheese, milk, garlic, salt, nutmeg, pepper and heat gently until cream cheese is no longer lumpy.
- Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and green onion.
- Remove from heat and fold in crab meat and shrimp gently with a rubber spatula.
- Cover and allow to cool completely before stuffing the mushrooms.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with filling.
- Place in a 9 x 13 inch greased baking dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and extra Parmesan cheese.
- At this point you can cover the dish with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight if you want to prepare them ahead.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.