Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans
Filed Under: best seafood recipes
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- add 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup prechopped onion
- add 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- add 2 garlic cloves, minced
- add 1/4 cup dry white wine
- add 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- add 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- add 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add pepper and garlic; cook 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid evaporates. Stir in broth and beans; cook 2 minutes. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- Grilled garlic bread is great for dipping into the brothy beans. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly over 4 (1-ounce) slices French bread. Add bread to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Rub one side of each bread slice with cut sides of a halved garlic clove.