Great presentation on a plate...something you expect from a fusion restaurant. From Donna Hay's Dining Cookbook.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon oil
- add 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- add 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- add 1 bunch choy sum
- add 1 tablespoon shredded ginger
- add 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- add 3 tablespoons Chinese wine or sherry wine
- add 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- add 1 bunch gai lan
- add 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- add 4 (180 g) salmon fillets
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- Remove skin from salmon.
- Combine sesame seeds and place them in a shallow dish.
- Press both sides of salmon pieces into sesame seeds to form a crust.
- Place greens in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 1 minute, then drain.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan over high heat.
- Add ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add oyster and soya sauces, sugar and wine, and simmer for 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Place a frypan over low heat, add oil and place salmon in pan.
- Cook salmon over low heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until it is cooked medium-rare.
- To serve, toss greens in frypan with the simmering sauce and place on serving plates.
- Top greens with sesame-crusted salmon and serve.