Traditional Greek cookies are 2 small strands of dough twisted together and brushed with egg-milk mixture and sprinkled with sesame seed.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 eggs
- add 1 cup butter
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1/2 cup orange juice
- add 1 egg, beaten (mixed with the milk)
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 1/2 cups sugar
- add 6 cups flour
- add 7 tablespoons milk
- Cream butter. Add sugar gradually.
- Add eggs one at a time alternately with orange juice.
- Add flour that has been sifted with soda and baking powder, a little bit at a time.Should be a soft dough.
- Shape as desired and brush with egg and milk mixture.Traditional Greek cookies are 2 small strands of doughtwisted together and brushed with egg-milk mixture and sprinkled with sesame seed.
- Use greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degreesto 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.