I like biting into a deviled egg and it bites me back! These measurements are approximate. I actually use more cayenne pepper and horseradish than here, but I needed to get a handle on the amounts for sharing my recipe, and these proportions are good. I have not included the cooking time for boiling the eggs.
- add 3 1/2-4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- add 18 large eggs
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- add 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- add 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- add green olives (to garnish)
- add 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- add 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add sweet paprika (to garnish)
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, carefully removing yolks into a medium-sized bowl,(I use a Pyrex 2-qt glass bowl) and placing the whites onto a serving plate.
- Mash the yolks in the bowl with a fork until they look like coarse cornmeal.
- Mix in dry ingredients first: white pepper, cayenne, salt and ground mustard; next mix in wet ingredients: mayonnaise, relish, yellow mustard and horseradish.
- Stir until well blended. Adjust seasonings to taste; adjust amount of wet ingredients for texture, if necessary.
- Fill egg white halves with yolk mixture, using a teaspoon.
- Sprinkle with sweet paprika and press a single pimento-stuffed green olive into the yolk to make them festive!