This is another low fat, quick recipe. A perfect side dish or main dish. Great summer salad. If you can't find toasted sesame oil, you can substitute vegetable oil and sprinkle the salad with toasted sesame seeds.
- add 1/4 cup finely crumbled blue cheese
- add 2 tablespoons raspberry balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- add 1 cup sliced strawberries
- add 8 cups bite-size pieces mixed salad greens
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- add 1 small red onion
- add 1 medium pear
- add 1/4 cup dry sherry or apple juice
- add 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- In tightly covered container, shake all vinaigrette ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- Arrange salad greens, pear, strawberries and onion on 8 salad plates.Pour vinaigrette over salads.Sprinkle with cheese.