Servs: 10 Prep: Cook:
This dish is from mid region of Persia.. represents Shiraz region..It is a good side dish that compliments Ham & turkey for Easter & thanksgiving . very colorful & has a very exotic flavor & taste .Enjoy..
- add 2 full cup Basmati rice
- add 1/4 cup orange skin the zest part.( or orange preserve)
- add note: if using orange skin must cut off all the white part & boil the zest 3 times & change the water to get the bitterness. then add raw sugar )
- add 1 tea spoon turmeric
- add 1/2 tea spoon Saffron
- add 4 large carrot Julian thin
- add 1 cup almond Julian or sliced
- add 1 cup golden raisin
- add 1 cup chicken broth
- add 1/2 med onion thin sliced
- add 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- add 2 clove garlic sliced
- add 1/2 tea spoon cardamom powder
- add 1/4 cup raw sugar
- add ( if using orange preserve, there is no need to use the sugar.
- add kosher salt to taste
- add 1 tea spoon lemon pepper
- cook the rice according the direction ;
- boil water ,add salt to water the rice is ready to be drained when you see thrice is floating in water another word dancing in water at this time using a colander to drain..
- next step is using a pot pouring olive oil in the pot , chicken broth ,turmeric,cardamom,lemon pepper, Saffron.mix it up in the pot. then take half portion of liquid out of pot.
- take a large bowl. mix in chicken liquid from the pot , carrot,orange zest or preserve ,1/4 cup live oil, ,golden raisins,almond slice onion slice , garlic slice
- toss & mix & layer in the pot with chicken broth liquid mixture with rice and the carrot mixture .do this two or tree times layer until all rice and mixture is used purr the other 1/4 cup olive oil on top & cover let steam for 15 min on med heat & another 5 to 10 min on a very low heat ..before serving gently mix the rice in the pot & dish out to serve.
Dishes to enjoy recipe with...
There is a time when you need to get healthy sw... ( more )