I was searching for a shortcut alternative to Chi Chi's Fiesta Corn Cake when I saw how much the package cost in the stores. This is what I came up with and it was YUMMY!!! DH even like it and he isn't a corn bread fan at all.
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 2 (7 1/2 ounce) packages corn muffin mix (the mix with water variety, I used Martha White)
- add 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans creamed corn
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 in pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter on top.