Another tasty tidbit for your next party, and a great addition to a Smorgesbrod setting.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- add 4 teaspoons minced onions
- add 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- add 25 slices white bread or whole-wheat bread
- add 2 (5 ounce) cans baby shrimp
- add 3 ounces cream cheese
- add 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Blanch shrimp for 15 seconds and drain.
- Refresh under cold water and drain well.
- Reserve 25 of the smallest shrimp and chop remainder.
- In a bowl, combine chopped shrimp, onion, dill, lemon juice, cream cheese and mayonnaise and pepper to taste.
- Stir until combined well.
- Spread 1 tsp of mixture on each toast round, mounding, and top each canapé with 1 of the reserved shrimp.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil in a jell-roll pan, about 4 inches from heat, for 3-4 minutes, or until pale-golden.