Be sure to soak your skewers for one hour before skewering. You will have 2-3 shrimp per kabob. This can be served on a bed of couscous or orzo pasta for a (Poli' oreo' fagito') excellent meal or served without as an appetizer. This can be broiled as well.
- add 6 cherry tomatoes
- add 6 white pearl onions
- add 2 tablespoons yogurt
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 teaspoon parsley
- add 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- add 6 one inch cubes fresh cantaloupes
- add 1 lb peeled deveined extra large shrimp
- add 6 one inch pieces red peppers
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- add 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, brown sugar, white pepper, garlic, fresh oregano, & parsley ingredients in shallow dish.
- Add shrimp and toss. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Cook onions in boiling water to cover 4 to 5 minutes or just until crisp tender and drain. Put on skewers alternating vegetables, cantaloupe and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper.
- Discard marinade.
- Grill 4 to 5 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side.