this is an easy main course for a crowd, and not for low fat diets.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- add 4 cups oyster crackers
- add salt and pepper
- add 3 cups heavy cream
- add hot sauce
- add 6 scallions
- add 2 lbs shrimp
- add 1/4 cup champagne or vermouth
- add 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- add 5 tablespoons butter
- preheat oven to 400.
- butter a 31/2 quart glass baking dish.
- add shrimp in 1 layer, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- in a saucepan add cream, shells and champagne, bring to a boil, lower to simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- pour through a strainer into a large bowl.
- in a skillet melt 1 tbsp butter, add scallions and cook for 3 minutes.
- add the cream sauce and simmer until reduced slightly, about 5 minutes, pour back into the bowl.
- season with lemon juice, worcestershire and hot sauce, salt and pepper, and let it cool.
- pour over the shrimp.
- in a processor, or with a rolling pin crush crackers.
- melt remaining 4 tbsp butter in a microwave, add to crumbs, and add paprika.
- crumble over shrimp.
- bake for 25 minutes until bubbly.
- you can run this under the broiler if you want a darker topping.