This is one of my favorites to make when the weather gets hot. Its easy to make. Its light and taste great, prefect for the summer months.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 pound medium-small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- add 2 Tbsp salt
- add 3/4 cup lfresh ime juice
- add 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- add 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- add 1 serrano chile, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- add 1 cup chopped cilantro
- add 1 cucumber, peeled diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- add 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 In a large pot, bring to a boil 4 quarts of water, salted with 2 Tbsp salt. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute to 2 minutes max, depending on size of shrimp. (Over-cooking the shrimp will turn it rubbery.) Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- 2 Drain the shrimp. Cut each piece of shrimp in half, or into inch-long pieces. Place shrimp in a glass or ceramic bowl. Mix in the lime and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for a half hour.
- 3 Mix in the chopped red onion and serrano chile. Refrigerate an additional half hour.
- 4 Right before serving, add the cilantro, cucumber, and avocado.