This recipe is from Best of Lone Star Legacy Cookbooks. Its fantastic
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- add 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- add 1 (32 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- add 1 lb frozen tiny baby shrimp, thawed (about 2 cups)
- add 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or more to taste)
- add 1 teaspoon basil
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- add 2 tablespoons cumin
- add 2 (10 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies (I like Rotel)
- add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in top of large double boiler. Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and mixture is well blended. Add shrimp to cheese mixture. Pour into chafing dish. Serve with large corn chips. Makes approximately 11 cups.
- Dip may be frozen for up to 6 weeks.