Chile con Queso made with Shrimp!! This is a winner at our house! I sometimes use the smaller salad shrimp (purchased frozen at Sam's club) and don't chop. Add more jalapeno or hot sauce, to taste.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add tortilla chips
- add 3/4 cup milk
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add hot mexican hot pepper sauce
- add 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- add 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- add 1 (16 ounce) can peeled tomatoes with juice
- add 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- add 1 lb medium shrimp
- add 1 jalapeno
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and jalapeno and cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring often, until they give off their juices and they evaporate, about 5 minutes.
- (The mixture should look somewhat dry.) Add the milk and bring to a simmer.
- In a medium bowl, toss the Monterey Jack and Cheddar with the cornstarch.
- Stir the cheese into the milk mixture, a handful at a time, stirring with the hot sauce.
- Transfer to a mini crockpot or fondue pot.
- Serve warm, with the tortilla chips for dipping.