DH doesn't like gazpacho...but loves shrimp cocktail! I found this recipe in the June Food Everyday magazine. No complaints last night! Perfect light summer meal! I served it with grilled garlic bread.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- add 1/2 cucumber
- add red peppers
- add 1 lb medium shrimp
- add 1/2 cup roasted sweet peppers
- add 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 3 cups plum tomatoes
- add 1/2 small red onion
- add 2 garlic cloves
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat, swirling to coat bottom of pan.Season shrimp with salt and pepper.Add shrimp and cook on both sides (may have to do it in batches).
- In a food processor, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, cucumber and 1/2 the roasted peppers (here's where I also added crushed red chili flakes -- approx 1 tsp -- we like it spicy!)Process until well combined.Add tomato juice and vinegar; process until smooth.Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve divide tomato mixture in bowls and top with shrimp and remaining roasted peppers.I also garnished with herbs from the garden, I used cilantro and a few garlic chives.
- Recipe is suppose to serve 4 -- maybe as a first course, but it served 2 large appetites as a main course tonight!