Impressive dish w/incredible flavor. You may use beef cube steaks but I use pre-cut stir-fry meat and serve over pasta. (Recipes courtesy of chefs.com)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon olive oil
- add 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- add 1 3/4 cups recipe-ready crushed tomatoes
- add 1 tablespoon honey
- add 4 (4 ounce) beef cube steaks (or use pre-cut stir-fry meat)
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- add 1 onion
- Season meat with half the Italian herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté meat 2-3 minutes, until browned on bottom. [I also drain the meat].
- Turn over and stir in onion and remaining Italian seasoning. Cook 2 minutes and stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium low and cook 6-8 minutes, until meat is cooked throughout. [I simmer for 10-15 minutes].