I love broccoli served this way and this recipe came from a good friend who is a gourmet cook. Hope you like it too if you're a broccoli eater!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- add 2/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- add 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- add 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli stems
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until just crunchy tender.
- Don't overcook.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Put olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan.
- Cook for 2 or 3 minutes, add nuts, olives and lemon juice.
- Heat thoroughly and spoon over broccoli.