This may be a vegetarian dish but its well loved by all meat eaters its served too. Its filling, its comfort food and it's just plain good.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add fresh grated asiago cheese or parmesan cheese (MUST be fresh as canned ruins the recipe)
- add 1 head broccoli (Remove stems all the way to the crown and break into smaller floretes.)
- add 1 package linguine
- add 10 cloves garlic
- add 1 jar kalamata olives (Pitted and sliced in half)
- add 1 can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
- add 1 (8 ounce) bottle light olive oil (Very important that its xtra light tasting)
- First I must stress the importance of having the linguinie aldente (Not too hard and not too soft).
- It should have a good mouthfeel it cannot be soggy for this recipe.
- Remember linguinie cooks faster than regular spaghetti.
- A few hours before prepping the recipe take the top off the bottle a olive oil and put all the minced garlic into the oil.
- Replace cap.
- Every now and again shake up the bottle to infuse the oil with the garlic flavor.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a violent boil.
- Have ready a large bowl filled with water and ice, allow water to get very chilly before proceeding with what follows.
- Place broccolli in the pot and let it boil for 2 minutes, NO longer.
- Immediately pour into strainer and throw that broccolli into the icy water to stop any further cooking, it should be a bright emerald green now.
- Start your linguinie.
- When pasta is done and strained place it into a large pot.
- Add the garlic infused olive oil and toss (I usually only add 3/4 cup of the oil but others prefer more, try adding the 3/4 cup first. After adding everything else taste and add add more and toss as desired), add the blanched broccolli and toss, add the Kalmatta olives and toss, add the artichoke hearts and toss.
- Plate up and sprinkle with the cheese.