Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"A hearty minestrone type of soup."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon olive oil
- add 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- add 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- add 4 cups chicken broth
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add 1/8 teaspoon fennel seeds
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- add 2 stalks celery, sliced
- add 1 large onion, diced
- add 1/2 cup ditalini pasta
- add 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- add 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Stir in sausage, onion and fennel seeds and cook until sausage is brown, 10 minutes. Stir in carrots and celery and continue to cook and stir until vegetables begin to color, 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, basil and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pasta, salt and pepper, cook until pasta is tender, 10 minutes more. Serve topped with grated Parmesan.