The epitome of pantry cooking. Add some angel hair or linguine and you have a devine "no shopping" dinner party good meal.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- add 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- add 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- add 4 (4 ounce) skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- add 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- add 3 tablespoons romano cheese
- add 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 3 garlic cloves
- add 1 cup marsala
- add 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- add 2 tablespoons capers
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 2 tablespoons water
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add ingredients upto Marsala and cook 3 minutes. Place spinach mixture in a medium bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon Marsala, cheese, raisins, and capers; set aside.
- Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 1/3 cup spinach mixture into each pocket. Secure each chicken breast with wooden picks. Dredge chicken breasts in breadcrumbs, turning to coat; shake off excess breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 12 minutes or until chicken is browned, turning after 6 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add remaining Marsala and vinegar to pan. Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly; add chicken to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Drizzle remaining sauce over chicken.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed chicken breast half).