Really lovely tomato sauce you can have hot or cold. Good with Fish or a meat of your chose.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 400 ml tomato passata or canned chopped tomatoes
- add 1 teaspoon capers
- add black pepper
- add 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- add 5 pitted black olives
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 2-3 anchovy fillets
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic sweat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add the passata or chopped tomatoes, anchovies, olives, capers and plently of black pepper, bring to the boil, then lower the heat right down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- May be served with fish, chicken or cold meats.
- Serve hot or cold.