Tasty lamb dish,using an economical cut of lamb.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6 bay leaves
- add 3 sprigs fresh marjoram
- add 8 baby onions
- add 1 cup red wine
- add 3 cups beef stock
- add 8 trimmed lamb shanks
- add 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- add 4 cloves garlic
- add 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Place a frypan over high heat.
- Add the shanks and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until well browned.
- Place the lamb in a baking dish with the stock, wine, bay leaves, garlic, onions, rosemary, marjoram and peppercorns.
- Cover dish and bake at 315F for 2 hours or until lamb is very tender.
- Serve in deep bowls.
- Lovely with a garlic/potato mash.