Mmm, Juicy steak smothered in onions with mashed potatoes, The perfect meal for the meat and potato lovers!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup red wine
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1 medium red onion
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- add 1 yellow onion
- add 1 shallot
- add 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add mashed potatoes
- add 3/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks
- add 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- add 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Position broiler rack so that top of meat in pan will be 4" from the heat source; OR Cook on grill, preheat broiler or grill.
- Combine oil, minced onion, 3/4 teaspoon Garlic, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, brush over one side of steak.
- Place steak on grill seasoned side up, Broil 12 to 15 minutes with-out turning for medium-rare or cook on grill to your liking.
- In large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- add onions and shallot.
- Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened 5 minutes.
- Uncover; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Add wine and broth; cook until liquid is reduced by half, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining butter into onion sauce; serve over Steak and Mashed Potatoes.