I bought a big roast at Costco, and threw this in the crockpot with some other ingredients, based loosely on some other recipes I've read here. I have never spent so little time on something that came out so good!
- add 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- add 5 lbs sirloin tip roast
- add 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- add 2 tablespoons flour
- add 2-3 small onions
- add 2 tablespoons water
- Put chopped onions on the bottom of the crockpot so the meat has something to rest on.
- Put meat in the crockpot and rub the salad dressing powder all over it, turning to get all sides.
- Open soup can and spread all over the roast with a butter knife.
- Do NOT add any liquid to the crockpot!
- Cook on high for two hours, then on low for another four, at least.
- You don't want the roast to be falling apart, but you want it tender.
- Remove the roast and put on a platter.
- Cover with foil and let it rest in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the diluted flour to the juices in the crock; turn the crock on high for 20 more minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- You can also make the gravy by adding the crockpot juices and flour mixture to a skillet over a med/high flame.