Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
This is a very hearty bread. Great to pair with soups or cut into thick slices and toast.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 Cup warm water
- add 1 tsp. sugar or stevia
- add 1 Pkg. yeast
- add 2 1/2 Cups flour
- add 1 tsp. salt
- add 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- •In large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in the warm water. Stir and let sit (proof) about 5 minutes.
- •Mix in rest of ingredients. Stir about 15-20 times until blended.
- •Put dough in a greased 8" cast iron skillet.
- •Loosely cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and let rise in warm place until almost double in size. Can take about an hour or two.
- •Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray top of bread with Pam or brush with oil or butter and bake approximately 30 minutes until slightly brown on top or 180 degrees in center.
- Let rest a few minutes before serving.