This is a recipe that I clipped from a flyer in the Sunday paper some time ago. Since it's a little different than the other apple spice cakes on Zaar, I thought I'd share it. Because bake times and servings are dependent on the pan size you choose, the times I have given here are approximate.
- add 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- add 1 cup powdered sugar
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- add 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- add 4 tablespoons apple butter
- add 3 eggs
- add 1/3 cup apple butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease pan (use whatever size pan you choose, just follow the box directions for bake time depending on the pan size used).
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix with the apple pie filling, apple butter and eggs. Stir well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake cake for amount of time directed on the cake mix box.
- Remove baked cake from oven and cool in pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and place on a serving dish to finish cooling.
- While cake is cooling, prepare the frosting.
- Blend all the frosting ingredients together until smooth. Frost cooled cake. Serve.