I love the ease of preparing this in my slow cooker.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- add 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- add 3 tablespoons cold water
- add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- add 1 cup chicken broth
- add 1 cup snow pea pods (Chinese)
- add 2 medium celery ribs, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- add 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- add chow mein noodles
- add 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 ounces)
- add 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- add 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally (1 cup)
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Remove fat from chicken.Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.Cook chicken in oil about 5 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Place carrots, celery, onion, garlic and water chestnuts in 3 1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker.Add chicken.Mix broth, soy sauce and gingerroot; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth, stir into chicken mixture.Stir in mushrooms and pea pods.Cover and cook on high heat setting 15 minutes.Serve over noodles.