I had a chuck roast and didn't want to make the usual stew, so after looking at alot of recipes, I decided to try this for a mexican meal. I have used this meat for a number of dishes (most favorite is tacos, also burritos and topped nachos with it) I think it is far superior to using ground beef.
- add 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- add 1-2 teaspoon cumin
- add 1-2 teaspoon chili powder
- add 1 large onion
- add 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- add 1 (3 lb) chuck roast
- add 1-2 cup beef broth (Can also add 1 can diced tomatoes, drained)
- add 3 ounces frank hot sauce
- add 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Put everything in a crock pot.
- (Add enough beef broth to come up to almost 1/2 of the roast.) Cook on low for 8-10 hours Take out roast, shread beef and add back to liquid.
- (Before I take out the roast, I usually taste it and add more seasoning if needed. You can add more hot sauce, cayenne pepper if you like it hotter or more cumin) Cook for another 30 minutes.
- My husband loves this in tacos, but I like to add refried beans and make burritos out of it.