Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
"What a treat to come home from work and have this savory soup ready to eat. It's a nice traditional beef soup with old-fashioned goodness. We pair it with crusty rolls topped with melted mozzarella cheese. -- Heather Thurmeier, Pense, Saskatchewan"
- add 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 3 celery ribs, sliced
- add 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- add 3 cups water
- add 3 beef bouillon cubes
- add 1 pound boneless round steak, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- add 2 medium onions, diced
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 carrots, sliced
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- add 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Add vegetables; cover and cook on high 2 hours longer or until the meat and vegetables are tender.