Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
winter time it is all ways comfy to have the stove on & cook slowly to warm up your sole house & stomach...
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2lb of good cut lamb, veal or beef
- add 1 large onion diced
- add 10 clove of garlic or amount to your taste
- add 1 can dice tomato basil or 2 large fresh tomato
- add 10 prune
- add 10 Turkish Apricot
- add 2 cup big chunk cut carrots
- add lemon salt to taste
- add 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- add 1/cup red wine
- add fresh basil leaf & parsley or fresh mint for garnish
- in a large non stick pot braise the meat with diced onion & dice garlic on medium heat cover & cook for 40 min. ck at all time.add diced tomato,add a bit of wine & a bit & olive oil .
- add lemon salt add the prune & apricot & carrots, cover the pot & slow cook for another 20 min..
- ck the meat for tenderness. continue adding the wine & olive oil.keep on checking the small amount of liquid from the steam inside the pot on low heat .
- turn the stove off & let the cooking continue with the pot cover for 20 more min the ready to serve as main dish with your favorite side dish ,like potato,red or white or rice. nice French or Italian crusted bread