This is something I learned from friends up in Malaysia. The meat goes well in Fried Rice as well as with salad.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 250 ml water
- add 2 kg pork belly
- add 6 tablespoons char siu sauce
- add 6 cloves garlic
- add 1 piece ginger
- Preheat oven to 110-120 degrees C.
- Wash the belly, dry, rub over the char sui sauce.
- Place in a heavy baking dish, skin down, pour in the water and sprinkle generously with ginger and garlic, cover with aluminium foil and place in the oven.
- Check after 1 hour to see that the temperature is not too low that nothing is happening or too high that it is cooking too fast.
- After 5 hours the meat will be just so tender.
- The skin will not be any good and you will have to cut it off.
- Serve with a simple salad.