These are tasty and easy. I cant remember where I found this recipe, but I think it said to boil the spuds. I nuke them in the microwave instead. Its faster and a lot less messy. Spices can be used to follow a meal theme. Play with the spices, curry, cilantro, cumin etc.
- I like little yukon golds. (skins on).
- Wash the potatoes and put them in a bowl and microwave them till done. CAREFULL they get hot!
- Take them one at a time and smuch them till they are about a half an inch thick.I use two small wooden cutting boards for this.
- Use a spatula and transfer them into a hot skillet sizzling with a little butter or oil or a combination of both.
- Sprinkle with desired spices, salt, pepper, garlic,curry powder --etc and brown on both sides.