This is an excellent pate, the recipe is easy to double or halve and is very quick to make! It is rich but over the years that I have made this, I already cut back on the amount of butter from the original recipe!
- add 3 ounces butter
- add 1/2 cup lightly whipped double cream
- add salt and pepper
- add 8 ounces smoked salmon (I use trimmings)
- add cucumbers, slices (optional)
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, let it cool slightly.
- Place the salmon in your food processor.
- With the machine running add the butter until you have a smooth pate.
- Remove the mix from the food processor bowl and add the lemon juice, cream and check the seasoning.
- Line a dish with plastic wrap and spoon in the pate, leave in the fridge until needed but at least for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
- Turn the pate out on to a dish, remove the plastic wrap, garnish with a ring of cucumber slices around the pate.
- Serve with homemade Melba Toast#24802 or#40247.