This salsa has a slight twist to it! Why Smoking? Besides the heat from the hot peppers you have a smokey flavor going from the chiptole peppers. This makes nice little gifts, just pack a basket with it and some chips, avacados,cheese, beer or margarita mix ect.
- add 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- add 2 cups onions
- add 2 cups green peppers
- add 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 4 jalapenos
- add 1 tablespoon salt
- add 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- add 1 fresh lime, juice of
- add 1 cup packed cilantro
- add 6 cloves garlic
- add 1 cup vinegar
- add 10 cups meaty tomatoes, diced seeded and peeled (I don`t peel more vitamins and easier)
- In a food processor, process with the metal blade the jalapenos, garlic, and chiptole peppers till minced fine.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan stir to mix well and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Ladle into hot jars leaving 1/2 headspace.
- Remove any air bubbles.
- Clean rims and adjust lids.
- Process in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes.
- Remove from bath and cool in a wind free area.
- Label and store in a cool, dark, dry place.