If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)*
- add 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 21/2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chilies**
- add 1 large garlic clove, minced
- add 11/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- add 1 4-ounce jar sliced pimientos in oil, drained
- add 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- add 2 6-ounce packages roasted-garlic bagel chips
- Reserve 3 tablespoons garbanzo beans for garnish. Blend remaining garbanzo beans and next 7 ingredients in processor until smooth. Add pimientos; process, using on/off turns, until pimientos are coarsely chopped. Transfer hummus to medium bowl. Stir in cilantro. Season hummus to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with reserved garbanzo beans. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.) Accompany with bagel chips.
- *Sold at Middle Eastern markets, natural foods stores and some supermarkets.
- **Chipotle chilies canned in a spicy tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.