I was obsessed with this chicken salad when it was served at Long John Silvers in the late '80s. It was eventually removed from the menu and massive cravings led me to develop my own formula and reproduce it at home. The smokehouse almonds are the secret ingredient. I have tried it with both mayonnaise and Miracle Whip but the Miracle Whip is much more authentic. Sweet, smoky and super tasty!
- add 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- add 1 cup Miracle Whip
- add 1/2 cup raisins
- add 3/4 cup celery
- add 1 cup almonds, smoked flavor,finely chopped (almost ground)
- add 3 cups boneless chicken breasts
- Toss the first five ingredients together until the almond chips coat all of the ingredients.
- Fold in the Miracle Whip and blend well.
- Chill for a minimum of an hour before serving in order to let the flavors develop (cooking time is actually chill time).
- Serve a large scoop on a bed of lettuce with buttery crackers.