If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- add 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- add 1 cup shortening
- add 1 1/2 cups sugar
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Cream shortening; gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs; beat well. Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt and cream of tartar. Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture; stir until well blended. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place snickerdoodles 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies at 400? for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.