Soft Oatmeal Cookies
Filed Under: chef secrets by chef montaser masoud
Recipe by chef montaser masoud "These oatmeal cookies are very moist with a good flavor. Add a cup of raisins or nuts if you desire."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Ingredients Edit and Save
- add Original recipe makes 2 dozenChange Servings
- add 1 cup butter, softened
- add 1 cup white sugar
- add 1 cup packed brown sugar
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- add 3 cups quick cooking oats
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.