This Omelet is very light and fuffy. Fill it with any of your favorite fillers. Makes a very attractive presentation. Keep in mind that, although this dish looks very big, it is not as filling as you might think because it is such a light omelet.
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 4 egg whites
- add 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- add 2 tablespoons water
- add 4 egg yolks
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add water and salt; continue beating about a minute or until stiff peaks form.
- Beat yolks at high speed of electric mixer until thick and lemon colored (about 5 minutes).
- Fold yolks into whites.
- Heat butter in a 10 inch skillet with an oven proof handle.
- Pour in egg mixture, mounding it a little higher on the sides.
- Cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until eggs are puffed and set and the bottom is golden brown.
- Place skillet in a 325 degree (163 celcius) oven; bake for 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Make a shallow cut off center of the omelet.
- Place your fillers on the larger half of the omelet.
- Fold the smaller half over the fillers.
- Slip omelet onto a warmed plate.