An easy and family pleasing casserole that's on the table in less than 45 minutes. I serve this with a guacamole salad, or a green salad with slices of avocado.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (8 oz)
- add 1/2 cup chopped onions
- add 1 jalapeno, minced (optional or more to taste)
- add 1 lb ground beef
- add 6 corn tortillas
- add 1 tablespoon chili powder
- add 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease 1 1/2 qrt casserole dish.
- Brown meat and drain.
- Add onion and jalapeno (if using) and cook with meat until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Layer one-third of meat mixture, cheese and one half of tortillas in casserole dish; repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
- Note: Corn tortillas will soften and absorb the sauce.
- These are recommended.
- Flour tortillas will expand and the casserole will be too doughy-therefore flour tortillas are not recommended.