This is great served for breakfast. However, my family likes to have this for supper. I usually serve it with a sald for a light, quick meal.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- add 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- add 8 eggs
- add 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce or picante sauce
- add 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- Mix together eggs, water, and salt.
- Stir in chiles and onion.
- For each omelet, melt 1 T, butter in a heavy skillet until hot enough to sizzle.
- Pour in one-fourth of egg mixture.
- As mixture begins to cook, lift edges of omelet and tilt pan to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- When egg mixture is set and no longer flows freely, sprinkle 1/4 c.
- cheese over half of omelet.
- Fold omelet in half, and place on a warm platter.
- Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with taco sauce.