While browsing for a pasta salad recipe, I found Inez Willenborg's Homestyle Macaroni Salad. It sounded good, but I didn't have all the ingredients, so I improvised and came up with this one. We absolutely loved it. Thank you, Inez, for the recipe that was the inspiration for this winner.
- add 1/2 cup celery
- add 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 1/4 cup Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise)
- add 1/4 cup buttermilk
- add 1/4 cup fresh salsa (home made or the refrigerated variety sold in the produce section)
- add 2 hardboiled egg
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 2 scallions
- add 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- add 8 ounces bow tie pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until tender.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add pasta and stir until the pasta is coated.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.