These appetizers really look and taste great! And they're really simple to make as well. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on how big a crowd your are making it for. Try using both green and red tortillas for a nice colorful platter. Cook time is for the filling's chill time.
- add 1 (10 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- add 2 tablespoons chunky salsa (home made or your favorite in a jar)
- add lavash bread
- add 2 flavored 10-inch flour tortillas (tomato/basil, jalapeno/cilantro, or spinach are some kinds I can find in stores here)
- add 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- add 2 tablespoons finely sliced scallions
- add 1/4 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- add 4 ounces light cream cheese
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, scallion, salsa, cilantro and cumin and mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly over the two flour tortillas- be sure to reach to the ends.
- Place a single layer of the baby spinach leaves evenly over the crem cheese mixture.
- Roll the tortillas tightly.
- This step is important and will give the"pinwheel" look to your appetizers.
- Wrap each roll in plastic wrap, and chill for at least an hour, or up to 8 hours.
- After rolls are chilled, unwrap and cut each one in half.
- Begin from the smooth half, and cut roll into 1 inch circles.
- You should get 4 to 5 circles from each tortilla half depending on how well you tortilla"ends" hold together.
- Arrange your pinwheels cut side up on your serving platter.
- Cover and chill for up to one hour before serving.