Serve this thin, salty sauce with dumplings or potstickers. From Cook's Illustrated.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- add 1/2 medium scallion
- add 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- add 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- add 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- add 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Bring soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and 1/4 cup water to boil in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Pour mixture into bowl and stir in scallion, ginger, oil, and hot red pepper flakes (Sauce can be refrigerated in air-tight container for several days).
- Makes about one cup.