If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- add 4 large eggs
- add 1/2 cup water (or more)
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 3 cups unbleached flour
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- Sift flour, salt and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Pour eggs and 1/4 cup water into middle of flour mixture, beat with a wooden spoon.
- Add enough water to make the dough slightly sticky, yet keeping it elastic and stiff.
- Using a spätzle machine or a colander with medium holes, press the noodles into a large pot full of boiling salted water.
- Cook noodles in the water about 5 minutes or until they rise to the surface.
- Lift noodles out and drain on paper towels.
- Brown noodles in melted butter over low heat.