This is my favorite spaghetti sauce recipe. It comes from a freezer cookbook called Once a Month Cooking. This makes alot so plan on freezing about half of the recipe. You can use this sauce on spaghetti, manicotti, veal (or chicken) scallopini, or French bread pizza
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- add 2 teaspoons dried basil
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- add 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- add 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
- add 1 lb Italian sausage
- add 2 bay leaves
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 cup water
- add 2 teaspoons salt
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- Brown the sausage with the onion and drain.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer, partly covered, for 2 hours.
- Simmering can be done in a crockpot, if desired.
- This makes alot of sauce and can be frozen beautifully.